LPH was established in 1992.The staff comprises of experienced doctors and paramedics. The doctors after working abroad on responsible posts returned to Pakistan in 1984 and since then are serving their motherland.
LPH is a 60 bed hospital but the number is increasing on regular bases. Male and female patients are treated in separate wards. Unauthorized persons are not allowed in the female ward. The staff in this ward consists of females only. Parda and security regulations are strictly observed in this ward. There is no need for the family members to stay with patient.
LPH provides prescribed medicines and diet to all the patients in a clinically clean and hygienic environment. The patients are looked after by a responsible and dedicated staff, which is professionally trained for the job. Round the clock service is equally available for the patients in general ward or for those in private A/C rooms.
“There is no holiday at Lahore Psychiatric Hospital.”
It is our mission to create awareness amongst the masses that your mental health is as important as your physical health. A man can reach the unbelievable mental heights as we see in Dr. STEPHAN HAWKINS with all his severe physical abnormalities, but a physically fit person cannot remain healthy for a long time with mental disorder.
Pakistan is a country where the crucial process of economical development is at a standstill. These calamities combined with other factors are bringing a negative behavioral and psychological change in the people of Pakistan . This mental turmoil is causing psychological, mental and muscular disorders. Furthermore, due to insufficient knowledge, superstitious doubts, suspicions, improper fear about these diseases in our society, the proper treatment is facing hurdles and obstacles. To top it all, the relatives consider their patient under the spell of magic or demons. These superstitions compel them to go to the so-called religious devotes, shrines and traditional healers.
“OUR MISSION IS TO MAKE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE MENTAL DISORDERS PREVALING IN OUR COUNTRY AND GUIDE THEM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION FOR PROPER AND SAFE TREATMENT.”
- Registration of more than 15000 patients to date is a living proof that LAHORE PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL is serving humanity with total dedication.
- Every patient is allotted an I.D number, which helps the hospital administration to keep a complete record of their registered patients.
- Psychological and muscular disorders, drug addiction and sexual disorder are treated in the most scientific manner.
- Patients from Kashmir, Peshawar , Rawalpindi , Rahimyar Khan and Interior Punjab have been successfully treated.
- Patients of drug addiction from London (UK) have been treated at LPH and they are leading a normal life.
- There is a special ward for the patients coming from low-income group.